Front End 3.5"Cowl Induction Note: The Heavy Duty version
of this front end utilizes the same inner liner as our TECHHOOD® shown above.
(All Units are Interchangeable between the years
Chevy or GMC)
- Heavy Duty version - comes complete with hinge kit
- Grey exterior gellcoat finish can be easily sanded and
prepared for finishing.
- Order Anytime, Click listing at top of page. - Smooth 90° roll into wheel well openings, generally
extends in a full
¾". - The units do come with mold flashing - which must be
fared in before
preparing for paint.
- Pre-Split Front End models come with the lower
fender section (the part between the
door and tire) separate. It is manufactured with a tongue & groove
joint on both
the panel and the front end, to
help in closing
- One Piece Front Endsdo need the rear fender panel to be cut in order to
hinge. They can be made
to slide forward than tilt without
cutting the fender, however, this
depends on the tire size and will involve detailed planning and
fabrication on the installers part.
- The interior finish is Fiberglass texture - coated in black lacquer - it comes
without wheel wells.
Wheel wells cannot be completely attached to the front end as they will
interfere with engine &
firewall component, when hinging.
Light Weight Version - is
intended for racing applications and does not come with a hinge
- These unit generally only weigh in at approx 30# +/- .
- Pre-Split models are not available in Light Weight.
NOTE: When ordering Light Weight version truck racing components are
"Special Order" and Non
IMPORTANT - Please specify the type of racing that the unit will be used for, so we
may build and reinforce your unit accordingly. Units manufactured for "Mud Bog"
racing have a heavier roving on all edges to reduce the chance of tearing (under to stress
of impact and mud load) and usually weigh 10 - 15# more than a Drag Racing unit. Units manufactured for "Sand Drag"
or "Baja" style racing are built so as to be midway between the Street Drag and
the Mud Bog units.