(U.S. Body Source is not
affiliated with GM, Ford, Chrysler or any other vehicle manufacturer).
The use of names and headings is for the sole purpose of identification.
This site has moved... Enter here.
Truck Part Pictures
All Items are American Made Fiberglass Components
(Click for Cab Installation)
- Heavy Duty version - comes complete with hinge kit - click above for all the "How To" information.
- Grey exterior gellcoat finish can be easily sanded and prepared for finishing.
- Smooth 90° roll into wheel well openings, generally extends in a full ¾".
- Marker blanks require opening to install.
- The units do come with mold flashing - which must be fared in before preparing for paint.
- Pre-Split Front End models come with the lower fender section (the part between the door
and tire) separate. It is manufactured with a tongue & groove joint on both the panel and
the front end, to help in closing alignment.
- One Piece Front Ends do need the rear fender panel to be cut in order to utilize the hinge kit
supplied.....They can be made to slide forward than tilt without cutting the fender, however, this
depends on the tire size and will involve detailed planning and fabrication on the installers part.
- The interior finish is Fiberglass texture - coated in black lacquer - it comes without wheel wells.
Wheel wells cannot be completely attached to the front end as they will interfere with engine &
firewall component, when hinging.
- Light Weight Version - is intended for racing applications and does not come with a hinge kit.
- These unit generally only weigh in at approx 30# +/- .
- Pre-Split models are not available in Light Weight.
NOTE: When ordering Light Weight version truck racing components are "Special Order" and
IMPORTANT - Please specify the type of racing that the unit will be used for, so we may build and reinforce your unit accordingly. Units manufactured for "Mud Bog" racing have a heavier roving on all edges to reduce the chance of tearing (under to stress of impact and mud load) and usually weigh
10 - 15# more than a Drag Racing unit. Units manufactured for "Sand Drag" or "Baja" style racing are built so as to be midway between the Street Drag and the Mud Bog units.
53-79 Stepside Fender
- Smooth gray gellcoat exterior
finish - Fiberglass textured
Black Lacquer inner.
- Smooth 90° roll into wheel well
- Rear flange holes come closed
and require back drilling for
73-79 Fleetside Bed (Long Wheel Base Box)
- Bed Comes complete with bedsides attached - as one
piece. Ideal for customized or frenched in taillight
- Box section side walls, with a smooth gray gellcoat
inner and outer finish.
- Hollow sealed stake pocket - can be opened if desired
for original appearance.
- Design for use and abuse with heavy Marine Grade PT under floor reinforcements - which can
support the same weight load as the original bed.
- Gellcoated Fiberglass floors have a ribbed design - eliminated the need for a Wood kit.
- Black lacquer over fiberglass texture underneath the bed floor and on the forward side of the back
- Installation time (after removal of original box ) 1-2 hours.
To install - simply drill thru the bed and the under floor reinforcements and thru bolt it in place with O.D washers. It may be necessary to drill a new mounting hole through the existing frame. Drilling - sanding and possible notching of under floor braces may be required for correct installation of your NEW and IMPROVED, RUST FREE, DENT FREE bed assembly. (Ground wire required for electrical).
© Copyright 1987-date
® U.S.Body Source inc., usbody.com, carhoods.com, gr8hoods.com, techhoods.com, e-bodyparts.com
The text and images in the afore mentioned sites may not be reproduced for commercial purposes without
express written permission from U.S.Body Source inc. 8823 Van Fleet Road Riverview Florida 33578